Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Real ID or conspiracy theorist.

I’m not a conspiracy theorist…just wanted to get that out up front because when you read this you might think otherwise.  I went to a meeting tonight at Findlay Toyota (oh and by the way, thanks for the use of the meeting room) on the issues surrounding the Real ID or Pass ID as it’s known.  On the face of it, it seems benign enough but before I’m through here it may not seem quite so benign.  Members of the Nevada DMV were on hand to tell us the only difference in the data collected for Real ID and a standard issue drivers license is the gold star.  The biggest difference is however that you have to produce electronically verifiable identification in order to get the coveted gold star.

Now I’m all about being identified as a good driver so my insurance doesn’t go up, I also don’t want anything on my driving record like a DUI that would impose on my ability to own firearms or carry them concealed, so let’s look at this with some logic;

 

If I decide to have a couple of drinks, drive home and get popped for drunk driving, even if later proven that I’m not legally drunk, I still now have an arrest.  Do you think that information goes away because you were found not guilty?  I work for the government, used to be a police officer and believe me when I tell you that it doesn’t.  Does the Sheriff’s office care if you were convicted or not?  Well maybe to some degree but I’ll almost assure you that it won’t matter where your concealed firearm permit is concerned.  If you get arrested they may even pull your concealed carry permit at the jail where your booked (that, I don’t know for sure but it wouldn’t surprise me).  So now I get pulled over for anything, the police officer knows if I have a concealed carry permit, they know if I’ve been arrested before (remember they don’t care about convictions), they know if I’m an organ donor, and now they know if my identification has been “bonafied” by the state…not to mention all the other unmentionables found on the face of the drivers license.  They also have a digitized photograph on the front of the DL that can be scanned and compared against a picture taken at the stop (this technology may not be readily available on the street yet, but I believe some cars already have a fingerprint scanner in them that is linked via wireless to the national database).

Now comes the gold star;

I don’t think the Jews in Poland in 1938-39 wanted to wear a gold star to identify them as second class citizens but they were forced to, so they could be easily identifiable to the Nazi’s.  This was what they were used for, http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Holocaust/badges.html “Reinhardt Heydrich recommended that the Jews be forced to wear badges following the Kristallnacht pogrom in November 1938. The German government first introduced mandatory badges in Poland in November 1939. Jews who failed to wear them risked death. On July 26, 1941, the Judenrat (Jewish Community Council) of Bialystok announced that "the authorities have warned that severe punishment — up to, and including death by shooting — is in store for Jews who do not wear the yellow badge on back and front."

The German government's policy of forcing Jews to wear badges, and then confining all who wore them to ghettos, was a tactic aimed at isolating the Jews from the rest of the population. It enabled the German government to identify, concentrate, deprive, starve, and ultimately murder the Jews of Europe under its control. In 1942, Helmut Knochen, the German government's chief of the Security Service and the Security Police for occupied France and Belgium, stated that the yellow badge was "another step on the road to the Final Solution."

Again I will re-enforce my belief that I’m not a conspiracy theorist, and I don’t believe that the good people working for the DMV in the state of Nevada has anything like this in mind, but really, how far of a stretch is it to think that anyone not wanting to get the little gold star on their drivers license could soon be labeled a subversive?  Haven’t they already started trying to label us as domestic terrorists?  The Patriot Act defines it like this http://www.aclu.org/national-security/how-usa-patriot-act-redefines-domestic-terrorism but Homeland Security under Janet Napolitano defines it like this, http://video1.washingtontimes.com/video/extremismreport.pdf

So let’s face illegal immigration on its own terms and do the best we can at keeping ourselves and our families out of the government databases.

prp

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment